What is simpler than making Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
I mean you literally take the biggest strawberries you can find and melt some of the most delicious chocolate chips and dip it!
Drizzle it with some caramel sauce or different color chocolate and top them off with whatever makes you the happiest little kid inside.
Again, I’m pretty sure those of you who have read the treats and cakes I have posted can see a pattern.
My family LOVES Chocolate.
And with Valentine’s day approaching, why spend all that money for someone else to make them when you can make it yourself at home? and for half the price for twice as much!!!! I don’t know about you guys but I sure like the sound of that.
Here are a few photo’s of little miss Wren helping me make them….
and then eating them.
I wonder if Wren is going to have a passion for food when she grows up. We are all about making things but she’s very picky with her food…being a toddler.
Here’s a list of things I used for this perfect treat…just incase you need it.
- Pack of strawberries
- 2-3cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Coconut flakes
- Almonds ( chopped or slivered)
- Rinse and DRY!!!!( If water is left on the fruit the chocolate will not stick well and mess up the consistency. WATER+CHOCOLATE=NOT FRIENDS!!!)
- Microwave 1-2 cups of Chocolate Chips for about 1 Minute.
- Make sure to stir the chips and continue to microwave at 15 sec. intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Start to dip the DRIED strawberries with fork or fingers.
- Top with favorite toppings.
- Let cool for 10 Minutes( Or if you like them warm or soft like we do, eat them sooner! or right away!)
What kind of treats do you guys make for Valentine’s Day?