Oh! Hey *wipes crumbs and chocolate off face*
I didn’t see you there!
I was just enjoying some of the Rice Crispy Treats Wren and I made earlier.
We got bored earlier and also wanted some sweets but didn’t have any. But… we did have some ingredients.
I almost always find a way to make EXACTLY what I’m craving.
I’m a baker!
I have no excuse.
I usually have everything needed to bake.
So, on this lovely night…we both wanted some Rice Crispy Treats.
Wren likes the packaged ones but I find them to be a bit too sweet for my liking. By making them at home, I always know what’s being put inside of my treats and cakes.
We also wanted some chocolate and of course…I had chocolate chips handy!
Here’s a simple recipe if you and your kiddies love rice crispy treats and find yourself craving something sweet.
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
- 6 Cups of Rice Crispy Cereal
- In a large pot, melt butter over Medium- Low heat.
- Once butter is fully melted, throw in the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and combined with butter.
- Start putting in the Rice Krispies a cup at a time.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Take the batch and put it into a deep pan/cookie sheet. ( This is when you can add drizzles or toppings to help them stick )
- Let it cool for 10 Minutes.
- Cut into squares.
* You can also do this in the microwave! Just melt the butter and the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl on High for 3 Min or until everything melts and combines together. Then follow the same steps!
Here are some photos we took while making them!