This is it! These cookies are the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies….EVER!
That is if you enjoy Giant Sized Portions and a Gooey, chocolate, nutty center in a cookie.
I mean, they are sitting in my kitchen as I type but I keep being distracted by how beautiful the center of the cookie looks in this photo 🤤
Let me tell you a little bit about these babies.
I came across a video on Facebook that was shedding the light on this heavenly place called Levain Bakery
They have a few locations in Manhattan and one is Wainscott,N.Y. but I ended up going to the West 74th Street location.
It’s this cute little bakery that stairs going down with the customer capacity of…I don’t know….6-8?
When I say this place was packed….this place was PACKED.
I told my husband to wait in the car with the kids while I waited on line.
( Little known fact about me: When I’m excited to try something new, I tend to not care how long the wait is. I love Food. Food.IS.Life.)
The wait wasn’t that long; Say 10-15 Minutes?
When it was finally my turn, I asked for one of their Chocolate chip cookies and one of their Dark Chocolate Chip cookies. I also asked if they had their Valrhona Chocolate Rolls but they had sold out for the night. ( They have some really good reviews. I think they may have even been on unique sweets on the Cooking Channel)
So, with a quick shed of a mental tear, I pay for my cookies ( which are $4.00 each ) and run straight to the car to share the excitement with my husband and my sleeping children.
I took them out of the bag ,broke them in half and Oh.My.Goodness. My heart fluttered. It was love at first sight!
My husband looked at me like I was crazy but he understands how excited I get about sweets.
THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE!!!!!
Aren’t they breath taking? ( and the award for most dramatic goes to…..)
I HAD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did some research and got this recipe. And because I love my readers, I will share it with you!
To create these Giant cookies you are going to need :
- 1 cup Cold Butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Cake Flour*
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together cold cubed butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Stir in flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined to avoid overmixing. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Separate dough into large balls and place on lightly colored cookie sheet. They are bigger than you think! You will fit 4 cookies on one large cookie sheet. The dough makes 8 extra-large cookies.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set.
* 9 Minutes leave them somewhat underdone. 10-11 Minutes seem to be the perfect bite. All ovens are different though.